America's food safety watchdog is expected to announce the recall of several bottled water drinks, thought to contain cancer-causing bromate above the legal limit in the US, BeverageDaily.com has learned....
India's Health Ministry has rejected a campaigns group study that found Coca-Cola and PepsiCo soft drinks containing pesticide residues an average 24 times above the proposed maximum limit.
Bottled water containing cancer-causing bromate above the level allowed by America's food safety watchdog has been pulled from shelves by one of the country's upmarket retailers.
The UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) is pushing ahead with product testing methods after scientists found new ways to detect latex allergens in food packaging.
Tests in India that found soft drinks contaminated with pesticides are 'doubtful', warns a lab affiliated to the UK government, as PepsiCo and Coca-Cola face more bans and threats of...
Japanese food safety authorities have found unacceptable levels of the carcinogen benzene in a nationally distributed soft drink.
A UK product recall due to Salmonella contamination could cost £20m (€29.3m) and perhaps more, Cadbury Schweppes said yesterday.
Metals, dioxins, and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in a majority of foods and offals remain at levels considered safe in the EU, according to three scientific surveys published yesterday by the...
Cadbury Schweppes has apologised for allowing Salmonella-contaminated chocolates to leave its factories and poison 37 people in the UK.
Thailand's poultry industry suffered a further blow yesterday as agriculture officials confirmed a fresh outbreak of the H5N1 bird flu virus in the northern province of Phichit.
Cadbury Schweppes was the most likely source of an outbreak of Salmonella montevideo that poisoned 37 people from February to June this year, according to the UK's health authorities.
Darling Downs Foods, one of Australia's biggest meat processors, issued a voluntary recall of 17 product lines this week, after an employee was hospitalised with the hepatitis A virus.
A new case packing machine for bottles can help processors speed up production lines and cut costs, its manufacturer claims.
Illegal Sudan dyes in spices and other food products continue to be detected despite numerous clampdowns, according to the European Commission.
Coca-Cola has recalled 40,000 cases of soft drinks in South Korea and claimed it was the victim of a blackmail campaign, after a consumer was allegedly poisoned by drinking a...
Cadbury Schweppes has been forced to improve cleaning processes at its Herefordshire factory after last month's recall of Salmonella-contaminated products.
An EU investigation of pistachio exporters in Iran has found the country's food safety procedures still fall short of international standards.
Cadbury Schweppes has come under renewed criticism following a regulatory finding that it did not adhere to EU safety measures at its Herefordshire plant, where salmonella was discovered earlier this...
Notifications from EU member states of food safety risks rose by 22 per cent in 2005 compared to the previous year, according to an annual report on the bloc's rapid alert system
Chocolate has a nice feeling to it - tasty, fun, luxurious and slightly sinful. This is comfort food, accessible to all and epitomised in the recent film, Charlie and the...
Germany is winning the battle against Salmonella, according to new statistics released by the country's risk assessment agency.
The presence of salmonella in samples of most raw meat and poultry products tested by federal inspectors decreased slightly in the first quarter of 2006.
Cadbury Schweppes has come under fire from UK food watchdogs after it failed to report finding traces of a rare strain of salmonella in its products.
Singapore's food safety authority issued a recall of a number of Cadbury's chocolate products made in the UK, following a major recall by the company itself in the UK.
With confirmed cases of human-to-human transmission of the avian influenza virus, scientists are now warning that mass vaccination of domestic poultry may hinder detection of the deadly H5N1 strain of...