Anteo is a linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) packaging grade for lamination film, shrink and protection film, stand-up pouches, food packaging, caps and closures, bottles, thin wall and transport packaging.
The first grades in the Anteo product family; Anteo FK1820 and Anteo FK1828, are available in Europe, the Middle East, Russia, Africa and Asia.
“Our customers always look for ways to gain a competitive advantage for their business,” said Wim Roels, CEO, Borouge.
“We recognize this, and set ourselves apart by engaging the total value chain to create value for them. This approach enables us to support our customers with technology that address the full scope of their requirements.
BBT Technology main features:
- Bimodality in molecular weight
- Bimodality in density
- Tailored comonomer incorporation
“Anteo means even more than improved sealing speed and processing: it also means more reliability, quality and productivity.”
Anteo is a family of high purity and transparent Borstar Bimodal Terpolymers (BBT), which offer a similar performance to metallocene LLDPE with
- Processability at lower extruder pressure (more than 15% less than conventional metallocene LLDPE sealants), with the derived benefit of lower energy consumption.
- High speeds can be achieved when used as sealing material in laminated/non-laminated film, resulting in lower energy consumption and less material waste.
- A step change in puncture resistance: an important contribution to reducing spoilage and/or potential damage to pack contents.
- Pleasing optics for enhanced shelf appeal.
processability at lower extruder pressure, better sealing integrity and improved puncture resistance in combination with strong optics for enhanced shelf appeal.
Ruwais plant UAE
Borouge produces Anteo at the Ruwais plant in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The global launch of Anteo is taking place at three geographic locations; Borealis BBT technology’s Innovation Headquarters in Linz, Austria; Abu Dhabi - Borouge’s production facilities and Shanghai, China, where the focus is on development opportunities.